Join our enthusiastic team as our all-round cook
and bring your passion for hospitality to Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace.
Are you that talented creative food artist with ambitions and ready to be part of something super exciting? Are you the one who understands quality and taste are essential? Are you following food and beverage trends and share them via social media with your friends & colleagues? Is cooking your way of life and your passion? Watch out because we could become a great match!
Here at Hotel Indigo, we are looking for people just like you. How do we know this? Curiosity is what lead you to this advert, and curiosity is at the heart of our brand.
Borealis Hotel Group is the management company and operator of this hotel. Our group is a well-known hotel developer based in the Netherlands and is operating & opening several hotels within the brands IHG, Hilton, Accor and Marriott.
At the heart of the Parliament Centre of The Hague, located at a prestigious spot opposite the Royal Palace Noordeinde, Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace will open its doors in Q4 this year.
Once occupied by “De Nederlandsche Bank”, our boutique hotel with 63 rooms, restaurant, speakeasy bar and 2 meeting rooms/private dining borrows some of these unique elements in its décor. Each Hotel Indigo is unique, and delivers a vibrant, engaging and genuine boutique experience that gives guests a real flavour of the neighbourhood – delivering an experience that is truly reflective of the local culture, character and geography.
At Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace our team members are full of neighbourhood knowledge; they know where to find the hidden gems worth exploring. That’s the Hotel Indigo way. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Hotel Indigo brand you’re more than just a job title.
Do you want to work as an all-round cook
for a brand new boutique hotel, with the peace of mind that comes in working for one of the world’s largest hotel companies? Feel like you should be part of something super exciting... At Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace we look for people who are energetic, approachable and cultured with a sense of fun; always curious to discover more and share thoughtful suggestions with our guests. Above all, we look for people who are warm, courteous and friendly so guests feel inspired to engage with you, ask questions and share their requirements and preferences so they get a truly personalised experience. Key activities are:
As an all-round cook you know exactly how to create memorable experiences by being surprising, personal and friendly with an authentic approach. Totally your ‘cup of tea’
, no doubt about it! Stay connected and creating the Hotel Indigo story includes key responsibilities such as:
- Being a Hotel Indigo ambassador and ready to create ‘neighbourhood stories’.
- Ensure all meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and prevent cross contamination.
- Assist the Sous Chef and Executive Chef by developing new dishes and menus.
- Responsible for mise en place for all service outlets and meal periods.
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and food safety legislation.
- Be environmentally aware.
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- May be required to work weekends, and/or holidays.