Connect with us – Let’s Create – We Care -
- ABOUT ODYSSEY HOTEL GROUP
A selection of our core values that reflects Odyssey Hotel Group entirely. We count ourselves among the fastest growing hotel operators on the European market and we want to continue this path successfully and, above all, together with our employees!
We are a relatively young company, which has its origins in the Netherlands and concentrates on the international hotel business. With forward-looking hotel projects under the Marriott or IHG flag with brands such as Moxy, AC, Delta, Tribute, Autograph Collection and many more, we are expanding in Europa. Besides that, we are continuously looking for new markets to enter. Therefore, we are always looking for highly motivated characters with a meaningful personality and a "hands-on" mentality!
- TEAM STRUCTURE
In the position of Assistant Financial Controller you are part of the centralized finance team of the Odyssey Hotel Group and will report to our Financial Controller, your direct supervisor.
We collaborate with our accounting team located in Utrecht and alignment with the assistant controllers of other regions, the General Managers and hotel teams to exchange information, improve financial process and facilitate information that will provide transparency in the numbers allowing stake holders to improve the business.
- IN THIS POSITION YOU ARE
The Assistant Financial Controller is a key role for the Centralized Finance Department, since you are jointly responsible for the financial administration and coordination of several hotels within your region; Moxy Darmstadt, Moxy Kelsterbach, AC Mainz and Moxy Dusseldorf, with many more to come (among which several hotels in Hamburg area, Stuttgart, Wurzburg).
Naturally, you love numbers and you love hotels. You have an analytical and warm personality and you think in solutions. You are not afraid of challenges, you actually like them as they energize you! You think not only from the figures, but also from the operational and the hotel group perspective.
With experience in both our industry as in finance, you are highly-motivated, pro-active and you have a hands-on mentality. You are responsible for coordinating, planning and controlling the business and financial operations of the hotels. We expect to open many more hotels soon, and therefore you will support with all financial preparations during the pre-opening process as well.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing, developing and analysing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement and deliver high quality reports, providing insights in key business drivers to support operational and strategic decision making
- Produce and ensure accurate P&L actuals (which includes several month end tasks). Provide accurate P&L forecasts that enables operations to react to changes in the business. Preparing the yearly P&L budget.
- Balance sheet reconciliation and correct updated balance file. Monitoring these processes and projects with the FC. Ensure that account balances are supported by appropriate documentation.
- Payroll administration and reconciliation
- Provide all needed information during the yearly audit process
- Cash flow management; budget and forecast calculations on hotel level, manage property working capital
- Preparing capex and investment plans together with the general managers, assists in capex investment cases, new contracts and business cases
- Declaration of VAT and reconciliation
- Follow up on standard financial operating procedures. Quarterly review of the ICQ processes.
- Part of pre-opening team for new hotels in our portfolio. Implementation and configuration of processes and sytems during this exiting period. Monitoring the pre-openingbudget and perform all daily tasks which come along during this phase.
- Apply your comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and confidently oversee the financial operations, all according to USALI.
- Close cooperation with the centralized accounting department, Finance supervisor, the General Managers and of course the Financial Controller Germany
- Participate in work meetings with the other Assistant Financial Controllers about the course of events and discussing relevant bottlenecks.
- Travelling within your region and stay involved with all the financial procedures in the hotels.
- Maintaining contacts with the operational departments to promote the correct implementation of the Odyssey policies and procedures
- Marriott Employee Rate in more than 6500 hotels!
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Attention to your personal development
- Space for your ideas and creativity
- Be part of a new centralized structure in the group
- Be part of the great growth that the Odyssey Hotel Group will experience