We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!
Keuken & Bar is full of local energy and international characters from breakfast through to lunch, and dinner. Relax and unwind with a great selection of beers, wines, and cocktails from the bar area. The restaurant offers a wide selection of seating areas ranging from more private tables next to the fireplace, or larger tables for groups of friends and colleagues. Our restaurant is designed for the entire family. Sports fans will appreciate the three large TVs, where they follow major sporting competitions. We are particularly well suited to family brunches and small parties.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South will feature studio, one-bed and two-bedroom apartments each with their own fully equipped kitchen. Located in Amstelveen, to the south of the city, the 10-storey hotel is within walking distance of the international companies who have their headquarters in Amsterdam’s booming district. We have convenient transport links to the Zuidas, central business district (3km), city centre (6km) and Schiphol Airport (8km), making it well placed to cater for the growing demand for extended-stay accommodation options in this part of the city.
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europe’s leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues in order to achieve this. With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit, and communities, Cycadettes transform hotels. We make working hard look like fun, whilst having a huge amount of fun working hard and delivering success and results.
As Chef de Partie you support the Head Chef and Sous chef in all preparatory and executive activities related to all kitchen activities. You help with the preparatory work according to reception, planning and SOPs. In addition, you can run an independently game and you like to continue to develop. We are looking for someone who likes to share their creative ideas and enrich the restaurant experience for our guest.
You are co-responsible for checking and storing a wide range of high-quality goods and for completing the required administration for required raw goods on the processed list daily. All orders must be approved by the Head Chef or the (Junior) Sous Chef.
Are you someone who wants to ensure that our guests have a fantastic stay by taking that extra step? Are you flexible in the kitchen, can you accelerate and is your team spirit very important? We make sauces, soups and desserts ourselves, so do you enjoy cooking and making beautiful dishes, and do you want to put this new hotel on the map with our young kitchen team?
What we ask of you?
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking; Dutch is not mandatory
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays.
- Provides Yes I Can! Genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behaviour and genuine hospitality
What we give in return?
- Full time and part time positions
- Competitive salary according to Horeca CAO
- 25 holiday days
- Refer a friend bonus programme
- Complimentary stay after probation period
- Cycas Smiles reward & Celebration programme
- A fun and happy workplace where you get to be your true self
- Travel allowance
- Free parking
- Meal available
- Free use of the on-property gym
- Get attractive employee discounts in all Radisson Hotels worldwide
- Employee discounts in our other Cycas Hospitality properties
- Become part of a young growing hospitality company
What competencies do you need as a Chef de Partie?
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Good communicative skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Preferred SVH training Zelfstandig werkend Kok niveau 3 or relevant work experience in a Chef de Partie role
- Knowledge of all HACCP standards
- Demonstrates proper and safe use of all materials and goods
- Knowledge of hotel procedures related to hygiene, health, fire and safety
- Experience in 5* Hotel or Luxury segment Restaurant