Food sets the stage, drinks create the mood. The only thing we need are some new friendly members of the TSH community!Our new baby in Delft is built with sustainable design principles as top priority and circularity in mind – we need our team to vouch for this circular environment! So, what makes TSHDelft unique?
Our architects have made sure our furniture and lightning is circular, whether that be with second-hand furniture or recycled materials! Our chefs cook the best comfort food with waste-reduction in mind!
We're also very mindful when using water and electricity (check for polar bear monitors in the showers!) and last but not least, we have a goal to reduce our company footprint by making sure we maximise the amount of renewable energy on-site!
Do you see yourself working here? We're looking for the conscious, the caring and a tiny little bit daring to complete the TSH experience in our new sustainable hotel in Delft.We are The Commons!
The Commons is the space within The Student Hotel that connects people from all walks of life, bringing students, travelers, freelancers, entrepreneurs and neighborhood locals together over the joy of food, drinks and discovering the other passions we have in common. It is the every-bar/restaurant/café for everyone: laptop and coffee workspace for students, cocktail-bar for friends, lunch spot for business meetings, date night for lovers, and a casual group dining space for families of all kinds. It’s a place for drinks that lead to dinner that leads to who knows what… How do we achieve this familiar and welcoming anything-can-happen social environment? With awesomely fun, smart and motivated team members who embrace the spirit and bring it to life. We’re looking for people who love sharing and discovering new experiences, who easily connect with others, and who believe that laughter, just as much as fresh juices and salads, is an essential part of well-being and that variety, just as much as Sriracha and saffron, is the spice of life.How do you contribute to this? How does a day at The Commons looks like?
- Ensure all resources are available to cooks to enable them to perform their tasks in a proper and timely manner;
- Proper communication to cooks of daily specials, menu changes and special (dietary) needs of guests;
- Act as a role model while taking part in service - preparing and cooking dishes, tidying and cleaning the partie;
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins;
- Monitor incoming goods – such as supplies, ingredients and pre-fabricated foods;
- Monitor accurate execution of HACCP guidelines, fire safety policy and working conditions.