Your Tasks, duties and responsibilities
Requirements of the Cluster Business Controller:
- Directs and controls the monthly closing, reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities of the Hotels, ensuring the production of complete, accurate and timely information, not being limited to solely financial information.
- Completes the review of monthly operating results, assisting and distributing the consolidated Hotels results´ to Hotel Management/ Owners and assisting in their interpretation and in developing appropriate on-going actions and business responses.
- To be sufficiently knowledgeable to be able ensure the integrity of the local financial information and that this is aligned with local legislation and reporting standards where appropriate.
- Communicates, implements and maintains RHG’s policies and procedures, RHG’s reporting and RHG’s endorsed systems (choice and set up) which guarantees the integrity and accurate presentation of financial results and operational KPI’s. This will include ensuring that finance related processes are appropriately documented.
- This will include ensuring all contractual obligations are being adhered to both towards Operator and Owners, identifying deviations and escalating such issues to the ASO.
- Coordinates and supports the activities of the General Managers and Department Heads, through effective regular communication and meetings as required.
- Co-ordinates and supports –where applicable- the activities of the external (Accounting) service providers and Retained Finance organization through effective and regular communication and meetings as required.
- Ensures risk management in the Hotels through Internal Audit & insurance compliance. Ensures that operations are in accordance with management and leased contracts, deviations and changes adequately reported on.
- Ensures that there are processes in place to adequately review the integrity of the financial records and processes at a hotel level at all assigned hotels. This includes a monthly review and reconciliation of the Hotel’s books and records and where appropriate have communications and meetings with the external (Accounting) service providers and Retained Finance organization.
- Supports assigned Hotels on securing audit, insurance and IMA compliance.
- Prepares and updates monthly CAP Utilization (Actual & Forecast) and Intercompany Transactions (Forecast only) for assigned hotels.
- Visit hotels upon request for local support and follow-up on audit, IMA compliance and other assigned tasks or projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.\
- Extensive experience in the financial field and in a hotel is required to obtain this role
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance is particularly advantageous
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and IT systems on various platforms
- Must be a candidate of unquestionable integrity
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Excellent analytical and data processing skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Hands-on approach with a can-do work style
- Ability to find creative solutions taking ownership for duties and tasks assigned
- Ability to travel between our different hotels.
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.