Commis de Cuisine:
Are you an enthusiastic Commis Chef, with passion for cooking? Do you want to work in a great team and do you have the ambition to grow? Then this is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
In your role as Commis you will run the day to day operation during the breakfast shift. This means setting up the buffet and provide warm dishes on request of the guests. You will display a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking and will be an active member of the morning team. Therefore you are co-responsible for the culture within the kitchen that should be enjoyable, cohesive and supporting to one another. You are under supervision of a (Demi)Chef de Partie, a position that you want to grow towards in the future.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The kitchen of the Brasserie & Lounge is the largest on property where around 24 chefs are working daily. The team consists of Commis, Demi Chef de Parties, Chef de Parties, Sous Chef and Sr. Sous Chef. All dishes are created from the heart with respect to seasons, nature and environment.
We use state-of-the-art machines to prepare our food, like a Josper Barbecue. We use modern European techniques with Dutch influence and produce. Most of the products we get are produced locally.
The kitchen is opened from 5:00AM for the breakfast chefs, during the day other chefs will come and take over the shifts that could end as late as 23:00PM. When you apply for this position, please make sure you are able to arrive early mornings and still get home in the evening.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Commis de Cuisine:
Who are you?
Our new colleague is energetic and are able to manage stressful moments during the morning. We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection.
Furthermore he or she has:
What can you expect?
- A minimum of 1 year proven experience in a similar position;
- Is familiar with HACCP and ensures a clean work environment;
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- Ability to work weekday and weekend shifts.
Do we have your interest?
- A starters salary and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com