Keuken: sous chef
, zelfstandig werkend kok
We are Stayokay and you can stay with us, from the Achterhoek to Amsterdam. We'd really like it if you were to do that. And you'll certainly feel at home in no time. But, of course, you can also come and work for us, which would be even better! Because then you'll become a part of an amazing team!
I've got sunshine...
Our culture? We're a 'family of hostels'. Every location is different, but the atmosphere is always open, positive, and innovative. We aim for the best results together. We are adventurers, in our heart and in our soul, and we fully understand what makes travelling so unforgettable. That's why we like to work with people who know the area like the back of their hand. People who want to share the best insider tips: with us, and of course, with our guests. Our work environment? It always has a bit of a holiday feeling. Just in the Netherlands.
Working at the coolest place of Rotterdam: the old harbour! Because that's where you can find Stayokay Rotterdam, in the cube houses of Piet Blom in front of the Markthal. In addition to a place to sleep, our hostel is a multifunctional meeting place. There is always something to do in Stayokay Rotterdam, whether you are a tourist and staying at Stayokay as a guest or living in Rotterdam. You can book a nice double room with double bed and your own bathroom, but also a bed in a group room. Whatever fits your budget. For our bar and buffet restaurant we are looking for a
Independently operating cook
(0-32 hours a week)
This is what you'll soon be doing!
With a great deal of freedom and responsibility, you will take care of all the meals for our guests. Sometimes you work alone, sometimes you get help from some colleagues. You have a new idea for the menu? Great! We love variety and development! It goes without saying that you adhere to and record all rules for the HACCP quality system. You will be happy with all the variety in this job: from placing and checking the orders, having a chat with guests and your colleagues, sparring about all ideas up to and including ensuring that all kitchen materials are well maintained and everything is of course immaculately clean. We are especially looking for an enthusiastic adventurer. Do you recognize yourself in the following?
Hello .. is it us you're looking for? You get:
- You are open and creative, you easily make personal contact and always do your work passionately. We find your personality the most important, so be yourself!
- You don't get stressed when you need to improvise. You think in opportunities and solutions if obstacles arise.
- You have experience in a similar position. You know what needs to be done in the kitchen and you know how to make beautiful, new and tasty dishes that are also cost-conscious.
- Working on changing days suits you well! Especially in the evenings, on weekends, on public holidays and during normal weekdays of course.
Is this your job we're talking about?
- a job where you can express your ambition and where collaboration, a pleasant working atmosphere and sustainability are important for everyone.
- it is a role that you can further shape yourself and in which you collaborate a lot with our motivated, vibrant hostel team.
- working hours mainly from 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- a workplace in the center of Rotterdam ... need we say more? We start with a period of 8 months, and if everything goes to expectation, we will extend your contract.
- salary and employment conditions according to the CAO and Stayokay's own corporate scheme, with many extras, such as end-of-year bonus, good pension scheme, discount on your sports subscription, and educational options according to your personal needs.
- with your Stayokay discount card you can sleep all over the world at a discount in HI hostels!
Then apply immediately! For questions about the position you can contact Roxanne Harmsen, F&B manager via 010-4365763 or email@example.com.