We are a fast-growing multi-brand company, with three products under our VIA umbrella. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences
. Executive Housekeeper @ Via Amsterdam
We are looking for a senior Executive Housekeeper, who can run the day to day operations of our Housekeeping department. We are a large hostel; 200 rooms with over a 1000 beds. Due to corona, we need to build a completely new team. So, besides running day to day operations, you will hire, train and develop a new team of Room Attendants and Supervisors. Exciting, right?! Also, we need a strategic mindset for the long term development of the department. You know how to deal with fluctuations in occupancy and get what it takes to achieve maximum productivity. In your role, you will receive full support from our Rooms Division Manager.
This is not a junior role. It's a challenging and dynamic job, so experience in a similar role is required. Hostel experience is preferred.A day in the life of an Executive Housekeeper includes:
- Morning and/or evening duties
- Daily shift briefing of the team, communicating any important matters that help them to provide the best possible service.
- Ensuring that the general look & feel of the rooms, pantries and corridors meet the Via standards at all times.
- Creating and communicating operational SOP's.
- Together with the Housekeeping supervisor you make sure that you plan the day efficiently to ensure optimal productivity levels.
- Taking job interviews for new team members.
- Assisting the Supervisors in the onboarding and training of (new) team members.