Hilton The Hague is looking for a new Finance Trainee to join the Account Department as of June 2019!
The Accounting Department exists of a Financial Controller, a Chief Clerk, an Account Receivable Clerk, an Accounts Payable Clerk and a Finance Trainee who supports the entire department. As Accounting Trainee you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What can you expect from us?
- Rotating between the different areas within the team: Accounts Receivable, Income Audit, Purchase / Store Keeper, Accounts Payable and General Cashier
- Receiving, sending and controlling of invoices
- Controlling and booking of expenses
- Checking the petty cash, money float and cash dropped
- Several administrative task
We look forward offering you a kick start of your career. Our goal is to help you grow within Hilton Worldwide. This internship is the first step to a world of opportunities! You’ll receive a training plan and will be assigned a buddy who will support your personal and professional development. Below you will find an overview of the tasks and responsibilities that you will experience throughout your time with us:
- Advise the Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Conference and Events department on the correctly booking of revenue and assist on making corrections when required.
- Ensure all cash is received and reported correctly
- The receiving and processing of the incoming and outgoing invoices and have them booked accurately and timely
- Advise departments on keeping consistency regarding finance policies within their department
- Audit the financial processes within the hotel to ensure internal processes and best practices are upheld
- Reporting on income audit, ensure revenue is correctly booked and credit card payments are banked and accounted for
- Assist on month end closure processes
- Arrange inventory counts and record correctly and timely
- Participate in the daily briefings
- Contacting and assisting guests regarding invoices and payments
- Participate in internal meetings and training courses