Hilton The Hague is looking for a new Finance Trainee as of July 2020!
Are you looking for a challenging internship? Are you excited to work in Finance and want to develop yourself with anything finance related within a hotel? Are you looking forward to put your theoretical knowledge into practice? Then this internship really is something for you!
The Accounting Department exists of a Financial Controller, a Chief Clerk, an Account Receivable Clerk, an Accounts Payable Clerk and a Finance Trainee who supports the entire department. As a Finance Trainee you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. What can you expect from us?
We look forward to offering you a kick-start of your career. Our goal is to help you grow within Hilton. This internship is the first step to a world of opportunities! You’ll receive a training plan and will be assigned a buddy who will support your personal and professional development. Below you will find an overview of the tasks and responsibilities that you will experience throughout your time with us:
- Advise the Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Conference and Events department on the correct booking of revenue and assist on making corrections when required;
- Ensure all cash is received and reported correctly;
- The receiving and processing of the incoming and outgoing invoices and have them booked accurately and timely;
- Advise departments on keeping consistency regarding finance policies within their department;
- Audit the financial processes within the hotel to ensure internal processes and best practices are upheld;
- Reporting on income audit, ensure revenue is correctly booked and credit card payments are banked and accounted for;
- Assist on month end closure processes;
- Arrange inventory counts and record correctly and timely;
- Participate in the daily briefings;
- Rotating between the different areas within the team: Accounts Receivable, Income Audit, Purchase / Store Keeper, Accounts Payable and General Cashier;
- Receiving, sending and controlling of invoices;
- Controlling and booking of expenses;
- Checking the petty cash, money float and cash dropped;
- Several administrative tasks;
- Contacting and assisting guests regarding invoices and payments;
- Participate in internal meetings and training courses.