We believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, ClinkHostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that currently has two locations in London totaling 1000 beds and further locations coming on-stream from 2015 including 850 beds in Amsterdam. ClinkHostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to strategically build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry. The Clink Culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary; Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and a great team who understand how to deliver the exceptional social travel experience that we provide to our guests.The Role
Role Purpose:- This role exists to ensure great guest experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, checking-in and checking-out guests in a friendly and efficient manner- the Front of House Manager is the conductor and facilitator of this atmosphere working through and inspiring the Front of House team. And thus, ensuring guests have a wonderful stay in London.
The Key Responsibilities
- The role holder will inspire, manage and develop both the night and day reception teams in ClinkNoord
- The role holder will collaborate with and report directly to the General Manager
- The role holder will be required to work closely and collaborate with other Clink Teams (Reservations) and Heads of Departments (HODs)
- Full managerial responsibility for the Front of House team in ClinkNoord, this includes reception (day and night), the security team and the Travelshop
- Lead, develop and manage the Front of House team
- Responsible for key financial indicators: accurate till reports, meeting budgets and achieving travel shop sales targets
- Deliver the above in a positive, professional and timely manner
In more detail (though not exhaustive):
People- ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and fundamental to creating a warm environment are our staff.
- Lead and champion ClinkValues
- Recruit, develop and engage staff with particular emphasis on cultivating Rising Stars
- Train and monitor Front of House team's performance and development
- Communicate and meet regularly with the teams as well as other HOD's to ensure positive and lasting guest experiences
- Responsible for excellent customer service
Product- Clink facilitates great travel experiences for guests.
- Be an advocate of GEM (Guest Experience Meetings) and actively encourage staff to participate in these meetings, making it a dynamic tool to strengthen Clink’s market place
- Promote the TravelShop and Bar as a tool to enhance Guest Experience
- Ensure that all communications i.e. reviews, emails, phone, complaints and difficult situations are responded to in a proactive, positive and intuitive manner, based on Clink’s values
- Promote innovation and initiatives that ensure Clink stays ahead of the market by being in-tune with our guests
Profit- All businesses must be profitable to be sustainable.
- Maximise occupancy and bed revenue
- Ensure development and delivery of good reporting e.g. ratings, charts, complaints and feedback
- Financial responsibilities; cash handling, till reports and stock management & control
- Ensure your team is knowledgeable about and promotes bar events, Travelshop and café promotions and all in-house facilities
Community- ClinkHostels are a social hub and part of a wider community; a community of staff, travellers, other Clink teams, the hostel industry and your local community.
- Bring the ‘In Tune’ value to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in Amsterdam
- Collaborate with Clink Reservations to deliver excellent guest experiences
- Maintain positive relationships with our neighours by ensuring staff, especially security staff keep noise levels to a minimum
- Represent ClinkHostels in industry related events and maintain fantastic working relationship with bloggers, guidebook writers, tour operators, other hostels, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with neighbours, council and police and when requested attend Community Council Meetings to ensure there is a good atmosphere with all interested parties