We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europe’s leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues in order to achieve this. Cycadettes transform hotels.
We are the first dual branded property in The Netherlands; 2 hotels operating in 1 building! Residence Inn by Marriott is an extended stay brand whereby our guests stay for longer periods of time. It is up to us to make them feel at home with our family of associates! #ATTHEMOXY we created a free-spirited place where our guests can do all that crazy stuff they would never think of doing at home, together with likeminded spirits they had otherwise never met, that is why we call them our Fun Hunters!
What we ask of you!
- Front Office experience
- OPERA knowledge is an advantage
- Enthusiasm & a true team player
- Friendly and service oriented
- Experience managing a culturally diverse team
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking: Dutch is not mandatory
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays
What we offer you!
- Salary range according to Horeca CAO €1947 - €2264
- 25 holiday days
- Day off on your birthday!
- Travel and night allowance
- Free parking
- Complementary stay after probation period
- Cycas smiles Reward & Celebration program
- Free use of on property gym
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our team get to be their true self!
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts in over 8000 hotels!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit
- Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy
- To actively support other departments and act when assistance is needed. To ensure that the whole of hotel operations run smoothly from the guest perspective with the focus on guest services desk and breakfast / evening reception areas
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specification
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills and standards
- Ensure communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day-to-day basis, so that service standards are not compromised
- Actively communicate positively and effective between the reception team and the housekeeping team
- Have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained
- To be able to act with initiative, planning and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements. To relay such information to your manager for the enhancement of customer expectation.