We are currently recruiting for a Head of Sales to join us here at The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, UK & Europe and the General Manager of The Hoxton, Amsterdam
you will be responsible for leading the property based sales team at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, ensuring strategies are in place across the corporate, group, meetings and events segments to deliver on the hotel’s budget.
We don’t go in for strict job descriptions, we all like to get involved, however to give you just a taste - Main Responsibilities...
- Develop and implement an annual sales plan, in conjunction with the Revenue Team and Director of Sales UK & Europe to source, drive and grow revenue across all segments. Constantly monitor results and adjust strategies and activities to ensure objectives and targets are achieved.
- Management of two direct reports, Sales Executive (proactive) and Meetings & Events Executive (reactive).
- Maintain an excellent level of knowledge of the local marketplace in Amsterdam in addition to maintaining a good level of knowledge for each Hoxton location.
- Responsible for managing a pre-assigned portfolio of accounts, taking the lead on rate negotiations and account management activities whilst ensuring we maximise our market share.
- Plan and manage the RFP season and rate negotiations for The Hoxton, Amsterdam, liaising with the Revenue Management team and Head of Sales, Corporate where necessary.
- Work with the Head of Sales, Corporate to manage the corporate and consortia rate loading process for The Hoxton, Amsterdam to ensure rate loading accuracy and that rates are loaded and bookable by given deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring Agency 360 reports are utilised to review market penetration, grow market share and prospect new business opportunities.
- Drive new business prospecting activities for The Hoxton, Amsterdam across Corporate, Group and MICE segments. Ensure local actions are in place to research and identify opportunities for new business in line with hotel’s strategies.
- Monitor conversion rate of Group and M&E enquiries and implement actions where necessary to increase conversion.
- Ensure The Hoxton, Amsterdam’s sales team are utilising Opera Sales & Catering in line with The Hoxton standards.
- Responsible for managing sales expenses for The Hoxton, Amsterdam, ensuring tight control of expenses and high ROI on all sales activities.
- Represent The Hoxton, Amsterdam at relevant industry networking events and organise client entertainment, show rounds, familiarization trips and sales trips to ensure sales targets are met.
- Support with pre-opening sales strategies for new openings where relevant.
- Complete all reporting within given deadlines – as requested by Director of Sales, UK & Europe or the General Manager of The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
- Complete all other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of Sales, UK & Europe or the General Manager of The Hoxton, Amsterdam.