About voco™ The Hague A modernist urban home for the overseas explorer.
voco™ The Hague, where quintessential Dutch design and our unstuffy style come together in the city centre of The Hague.
Based in the Royal Quarter, this beautiful former bank building has the city’s shops, museum and heritage locations as well as the embassy quarter and Peace Palace within walking distance. By taking the tram in front of the hotel, you will find yourself at the central station in 9 min or at the seaside within 15 min.
Our welcoming guest rooms offer thoughtful voco™ touches with quality bedding and eco-friendly upscale amenities.
Catch up over local dishes in Botanica garden kitchen & bar, discover drinks inspired by the Dutch Sea explorations from Ultramarijn wonderbar or hang out in our garden terrace to enjoy the voco™ life. With 2 boardrooms, a versatile work play area and a below ground private bar you will find various locations to meet, gather or celebrate.Your day to day
You have the unique opportunity to oversee the engineering & maintenance of a flagship voco™ hotel within the new young brand of InterContinental Hotel Group. You are responsible for the physical integrity of all facilities and lead the technical aspects of the safety and security programs. You work closely together with all departments, especially with Front Office and Housekeeping and you connect with guests on a daily basis. In this position you report to the Director of Operations to ensure safety and comfort of all hotel guests and team members. You are responsible for
About voco™“At the heart of every great stay is a great host.”
- Managing day-to-day staffing requirements, planning and assigning work.
- Understanding and responding to guests’ needs to ensure high level of guest satisfaction.
- Developing and guiding the engineering team to make sure all individuals can be the best version of their selves. Improving their performance through mentoring, coaching and giving feedback to create performance and development goals.
- Developing a preventive maintenance program to ensure facilities are maintained and in service.
- Participating in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitoring budget and controlling expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, sustainability initiatives and capital planning.
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests and team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards. Hotel fire safety.
- Maintaining and ordering parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining sustainable initiatives.
- Maintaining the files and records that are necessary to manage the department efficiently.
- Building and maintaining relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, contractors, suppliers and others as needed.
- Leading hotel renovations and other projects, negotiating contracts, and ensuring timely completion of projects within budgets.
- Attending seminars & technical exhibitions and reading relevant publications to keep up to date in the Engineering field.
- Living the voco™ brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring other to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team and get a task done.
At voco™, we’ve created a new hotel brand that gives people a different choice. Hotels to count on but different enough to be fun. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Our new family of hotels are connected by their own sense of style and individual character – and that’s something we make the most of. Finding the perfect mix of reliability and new experiences. Because we believe that when you respect individuality life gets interesting.
Whether you’re in a rush and need something fast or want to take your time over your welcome treat after a long journey, it’s all good. Eat, sleep and everything in between. Cosy bedding, invigorating showers and great food and drink available 24/7 (either in the restaurant, bar or your room) are standard here. Plus, there’s fast Wi-Fi everywhere and your room has all the charging points you need for your devices. For every occasion, meetings, entertaining clients, writing up a report in your room or grabbing a coffee as you catch up with emails in the bar – whatever work has in store, we work around you. We’re here to make sure you have everything you need to get the best out of the day.
Part of the IHG® family, you can rely on a uniquely voco™ experience every stay, but with some of the extra advantages that come with being part of IHG. Such as the benefits of the IHG Rewards Club, one of the world’s largest loyalty programmes. Just as friendly to the environment we look after the planet with the same care as we look after our guests. So you can relax knowing that everything from your super comfy bed to the ingredients on our menu is designed to reduce our environmental impact.