PPHE Hotel Group is more than just a hospitality group. We are creators.
Every day we create valuable memories for our guests and stakeholders – across our international portfolio of prime hospitality real estate, encompassing iconic hotels, seaside resorts, glamping and campsites, destination restaurants, buzzing bars and more! And driving it all, behind the scenes, are our support teams.
As a Hotel Business Controller you can bring your creative spark to this part of our business, while enjoying real rewards. We offer award-winning training, inspiring support and plenty of opportunities for career development.
We are looking for a strategically minded individual to join our team as a key business partner, driving operational efficiency and providing commercial support. As a member of the hotel leadership team, you will handle complex processes and be in an integral position to ensure hotel performance and profitability in a rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a Hotel Business Controller with strong financial and commercial acumen to join us in this exciting phase of the business. About the role:
The Hotel Business Controller is a trusted business partner that drives operational and commercial value whilst creating strategic insights. This role is responsible for ensuring there is a robust financial control environment and compliance with corporate policies & procedures. With oversight and financial responsibility for two hotel activities including Financial Management & Statutory Reporting, Budgeting & Forecasting, and Working Capital Management. Whether delivered directly at hotel level or via the shared service centre, this role aims to drive bottom line impact to the overall business, as a member of the centralized finance team in The Netherlands, based in Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam.Your responsibilities
Reporting and Analysis:
Provision of valuable insight that drives performance and continuous improvement
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Oversight and production of monthly management & financial reporting
- Preparation of accurate & insightful commentary including weekly forecasts, monthly business reviews and forecasts
- Liaison and support to the centralised transactional team to ensure accurate, efficient and effective processes
Co-ordination and preparation of hotel budgets and forecasts
Financial Control and Working Capital Management:
- Preparation, review and presentation of accurate and timely hotel budgets & forecasts in alignment with the agreed corporate budget timetable and with relevant stakeholders in the hotels
Completion of control activities and monitoring & review of performance against agreed key financial controls & KPIs
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reviews and analytical review, ensuring adequate back-up for postings and accuracy of balances
- Monitors and reviews performance against agreed KPI’s including, hotel cash flow and inventory management
- Review, monitoring and approval of payroll data and hotel internal audit checks including income audit, cashiering and goods receiving controls
Delivering excellent services through pro-active support & advice on strategic & operational decision making
- Actively manage and review margin performance & operational efficiency, to improve hotel conversion, optimising profit conversion, and maximising hotel asset value
- Providing financial support and guidance to the General Manager(s) (GM) in performance review meetings including monthly management meetings with the Regional team
- Takes a leading role in assisting the GM to support and monitor the hotel in achieving their objectives and reducing the non-value adding activities by maximising potential economies of scale, and process efficiencies
- Prepares supporting financial information for business plans and investment plans that add value and deliver to agreed ROI
- Active collaboration with other Finance colleagues to identify opportunities for process improvement and embedding best tools, systems & ways of working