Borealis Hotel Group and Interstate Hotels & Resorts are now seeking an HR Administrator to support our hotels across Western Europe by delivering a broad spectrum of HR administrative activities.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the International Division of leading U.S.-based global hotel management company, Aimbridge Hospitality. Thousands of hotel owners, colleagues and guests have discovered the Interstate difference in our 100-property portfolio of hotels in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Russia, part of a global 1,400-property portfolio.
Borealis is a fast-expanding European hospitality company, which was founded in 1997. It is our ambition to further grow as a pan-European leader in the hotel industry. Therefore we have, next to our hotels in operation, several hotels under development in various countries.
Reporting to the Regional HR Manager you will be accountable for the compliance with legislation relating to payroll, recruitment, and training. You will focus on delivering HR administrative activities that meet or exceed the needs of colleagues, enhances colleague engagement, and delivers both Interstate and brand operating procedures including mandatory regulations.
Key responsibilities within your role will include but not be limited by:
• Working with the resourcing expert and being responsible for aspects related to hiring colleagues, except General Managers. (job adverts, job postings, candidate shortlisting, interviewing, processing, candidate experience, transfers, etc.)
• Being responsible for colleagues’ transactions & processes. (onboarding, training, promotion, transfer, performance review, termination, exit interviews etc.)
• Being responsible for HR related documents, offer letters, contracts, ad hoc correspondence and for information relating to digital colleague records and files as required by law, Interstate policies and procedures ensuring GDPR compliance.
• Being responsible for processing payroll, including time and attendance registration and payroll amendments such as absence, holidays, additional/ ad-hoc payments and process legislative pay changes in a timely manner and action required correspondence to communicate these changes to colleagues across all locations.
• Creating and updating owner colleague handbook (house rules), translating IHR policies and standard operating procedures and producing HR related templates.
• Supporting with case management and communicating with external stakeholders when required. You need to be able to understand and translate colleague data to support with action planning in liaison with the HR Operations team and Centres of Excellence.
• Working with the Central L&D administrator producing training reports and liaise with the Head of L&D to assist with creating an overarching action plan to address training and compliance gaps.
• Be the point of contact for all HR administrator queries which include providing support for colleagues, coordinating internship programmes, updating records, and performing other duties requested by the management team.
To be successful in this role, you will be multilingual: English, Dutch, French is highly preferred and a knowledge of Dutch, Belgian and French labour laws. You will have qualifications in a related field and industry and experience of managing multiple HR related work streams, locations, and experienced stakeholders. You will be an advanced user of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and proficient in HR operating systems.
The role may require travel to properties within the region – on an ad-hoc basis only.