Junior Sous Chef
Take the next step in your career as a Junior Sous Chef with us Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
What you’ll do:
- To prepare and properly garnish all food orders according to the menu specifications, ensure exceptional plate presentation;
- Ensure a high level of general knowledge of kitchen services and techniques, all menu items, and speciality items prepared in the kitchen;
- Ensure that guests receive the levels of service expected of the restaurant by creating an environment where everyone in the team is focused on connecting with our guests;
- Assist the Head Chef in different activities;
- To contribute to the production in the delegated section of the kitchen;
- To train and coach junior team members of the delegated section;
- To order adequate supplies for own section, and set up mise en place for the delegated section;
What you can expect from us:
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and perks!
Starting salary depends on age and experience. Based on a 38 hour working week you’ll get:
- From the age of 21 and above you can earn from € 1.945,96 up to € 2.393,31 gross per month.
- Under the age of 21 a different starting salary will be applicable.
Other benefits include:
- Flexibility in your hours of work
- Meals on duty
- Company benefits, such as quarterly allowance, online employee discount shop
- Travel allowance
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Company discount via the collective health insurance
- An “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel so you’ll get to experience what it feels like to be a guest in our hotels.
- 50% employee discount on PPHE bars & restaurants, when off duty
- Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is a real food lover and has a passion for cooking - likes to create beautiful dishes with a personal touch
- Experience in the restaurant industry;
- The ability to inspire teams to excel in creating the ultimate guest experience;
- Interaction with guests (life cooking)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good command of English (preferably also Dutch)
- Experience in the kitchen department (preferably in a hotel)
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays (flexibility)
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Park Plaza. Be part of it.