Kitchen Assistant vacancy:
We believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, Clink hostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that currently has two locations in London totaling 1000 beds and further locations coming on-stream from 2015 including 750 beds in Amsterdam.
Clink Hostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry.
Our culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary: Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and a great team who understand how to be themselves and bring that across to our guests.
This role exists to ensure great guest experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. Clink Hostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, serving breakfast, coffee and cakes and ensuring that guests have an awesome time in the bar when the night falls.
Our kitchen that you would be a part of serves simple, affordable but great dishes with a personal touch by the team. Almost everyone in team has their own dish on menu and we love such environment of happy and engaged colleagues.
The Kitchen Assistant plays an important role in supporting the kitchen crew in delivering the great food on time and helps in creating good vibe in the kitchen.
Please keep in mind that the list below is the summary of the key points and more input might be expected to successfully fulfil the position.
Kitchen Assistant vacancy:
The Key Responsibilities
· You are responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of the kitchen and the atmosphere in it
· Be familiar with all the items on the ala carte dinner menu as well as groups menu
· Your daily duties will involve, but are not limited to; washing the dishes, following HACCP cleaning logs on regular basis, preparing, and making dishes according to Clink standards, doing mise-en-place
· Be responsible for creating good memories as you will be in some contact with guests
· Share all necessary information with your team and managers
· Be present at all meetings arranged by Clink
· Be responsible and reliable towards your colleagues and to Clink by following the Staff Handbook, manuals, recipes, SOPs
· You are co-responsible for managing the outlet and its prosperity. This means looking after the resources/products (using products in correct way, minimizing wastage and breakage, and correctly using cleaning products)
· You may be asked to support other outlets and areas within ClinkNOORD and is a part of your tasks. This may be on one-off basis or on daily basis · Manage and be responsible for correct food and beverage handling as well as high-level of personal hygiene (according to SVH, HACCP)
We are looking for fun and reliable colleague to join our small kitchen crew. You don’t mind working hard and you put benefit of your fellow crew above yours. You are reliable, flexible with hours and happy to be there for the team.
Please keep in mind that you would be working mainly in evenings and that your hours are not fixed. From experience, you will be working between 16-24 hrs a week.