As Maintenance Manager you will be responsible to perform day to day maintenance work in hotel rooms, public areas and back of house areas. Manages all maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing,
water treatment and electrical systems.
- Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods
for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
- Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such
contracts to support building needs.
- Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness
and quality of completion.
- Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space,
restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
- Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and
overseeing execution of plan.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning
department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and
- Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are
maintained in excellent condition.
- Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the
type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work,
renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
- Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and
creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals and
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of
- Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to
continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Interviews and hiring management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.