Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel. By stepping into our world, you will discover that Eastern and Western influences are uniquely entwined by our blend of Japanese and Dutch culture. Together, all employees make sure that every guest is given the personal attention to create the most extraordinary and authentic experience. In order to achieve this, we are looking for enthusiastic colleagues to strengthen our team. Do you offer the best service to guests and is hospitality in your blood? Would you like to work in a restaurant with a Bib Gourmand? Then this position is for you!
What to expect
Restaurant Serre is located next to the canal. At Serre, guests can enjoy high-quality dishes, delicious drinks and the best service throughout the day. The restaurant has been awarded a Bib Gourmand by Michelin, which stands for a perfect price-quality ratio. The restaurant, with its large terrace, offers great service in addition to a wide variety of dishes, drinks and snacks. The restaurant is always trying to offer the highest standards, whether in food, drinks or service. So, are you service-oriented, do you love amazing food and would you like to work in a restaurant that has been awarded a Bib Gourmand? Then this is the vacancy for you!
Your main tasks will be:
- Operational tasks in the restaurant, such as taking orders, serving the guests and arrange payments;
- Ensuring that tables and the restaurant remain clean;
- Pro-actively selling restaurant products;
- Maintaining excellent contact with guests.
Don't worry you will not work alone. Besides working in your own team, you will work closely with other departments in the hotel. Only by working together can we achieve the best results. There will be rotating shifts daily, throughout seven days a week. You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
What do we offer
Contract: 1 year with a possibility to extend, we want you to stay!
Salary: Group 3. Click here for the salary scale
Bonus: 1 week salary if SMART goals are achieved
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting distance
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 national holiday days based on a fulltime contract
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
- Extensive development opportunities to improve day by day. We offer an online e-learning system with more than 300+ courses. Moreover, we offer specific courses from our Training Manager, such as: Lean White Belt Training, the Extraordinary Guest Experiences and Personal leadership training;
- Room to share initiatives, ideas and improvements, based on the Lean philosophy. Doesn’t matter if you have worked with us for a week, month or year: We want to hear your thoughts;
- Once per year 50% staff discounts in one of our restaurants (Lucky you!);
- The whole year round 20% staff discounts in one of our restaurants;
- Great staff events (annual staff party, Sinterklaas, team outings, bootcamp);
- Depending on your position, you will receive a uniform or dry-cleaning reimbursement;
- Parking for management positions;
- Vitality week and monthly health days;
- Possibility to do cross trainings to learn more about other departments, for example, take a look at the Japanese kitchen
- Employee of the month: receive € 100, - net, a stay in the hotel with a dinner in Serre Restaurant.
- Employee of the Year: Receive a complete trip to Japan!
What are we asking
We are primarily interested in you and what we as an employer can do for you. Nevertheless we expect from you that:
- You are flexible in regards to your work schedule;
- You are guest orientated;
- You have an eye for detail;
- You are able to express yourself in English.
Interested? Apply now!
You can apply by clicking the apply button below, we are interested in hearing from you. We will contact you as soon as possible in order to get to know each other better. A selection assessment is one component of our recruitment process.