W Lounge Mixologist
Start your career as W Lounge Mixologist (bartender)
at W Amsterdam
, Design, Music
connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
W Lounge is W’s reinterpretation of the traditional lobby. This cocktail bar, lounge and nightlife venue is on the sixth floor of the Exchange building. W Lounge is at the heart of the hotel with unparalleled 360-degree views over the city. It features a distinctive set of stairs that flow into the bar and echo the iconic steps of Dam Square on the streets below.
W Lounge is the perfect Amsterdam cocktail bar for everyone who is curious about everything that is 'new and next' in the world of mixology. Take the elevator to the 6th floor of the Exchange building and choose from a wide variety of cocktails. Guests will sip the night away while they listen to the sound of the moment, with views over the Royal Palace.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever
to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next. Main responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Head Bartender.
- Responsible for the daily operations at our W Lounge. You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dreams come true.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to cocktails, and you know all the ins and outs on our cocktail menu. You are also comfortable whipping up new ones on the fly, and of course you know your classic cocktails.
- Welcoming and helping guests, making suggestions for cocktails they didn’t even know they loved, and suggesting food pairing.
- Ensure you are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each order and interaction.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- Making sure everything sparkles, we all enjoy a clean environment
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on shift then.
- Ensuring you are well prepared for the shift ahead of you, as well as your colleagues after you. Mise en Place will be your life saver.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more B&F (That’s what we call F&B @ W) venues that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to assist in other B&F departments (In Room Dining and Banqueting)
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.