At Holiday Inn Express
, we're all about travel that's simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? Check. They're all included with a great night's sleep. We're focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we're always prepared. Are you?
The brand-new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside
is located on the Northern shore of the IJ-Lake. This impressive 45-metre-high tower holds Europe's most giant Holiday Inn Express. Boasting 438 bedrooms, this market leading property opened in June 2020.
We are now ready to invite an enthusiastic Duty Manager Trainee
to join the team and be a part of our exciting new venture on a full-time basis. The internship period is starting from September 2022 for 5 to 6 months of internship.
It's time to put all your studying, tests, and projects into play. We offer you the unique opportunity to work alongside our Management Team, learning their roles and helping operate the hotel.The Duty Manager is a key contact for all guests' feedback and is responsible to ensure that all operations are completed as per brand requirements.You can expect to gain experience and thorough knowledge on how to:
- Perform walk-through inspections of the hotel and fill in the duty reports for every shift.
- Assure the hotel's appearance is up to established brand standards.
- Monitor meeting rooms for proper setup to assure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure rooms inventory is in balance and check VIP rooms.
- Maintain contact with other departments to relate different issues or concerns.
- Review all arrivals and departures noting any special requests or challenges.
- Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, arrange cover as necessary.
- Follow established hotel policies and be knowledgeable of all fire and emergency procedures.
- Handle guest situations as they arise in a calm and professional manner.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and colleagues.
- Perform basic maintenance duties during the absence of the maintenance department.
- Assist operationally if needed.
Management reserves the right to amend this list of duties at any time.What we offer in return:
- internship remuneration;
- all the tools you need for your job;
- international working experience;
- great intern working conditions (loads of training opportunities, potential career planning, etc.!)
- the opportunity to work in a dynamic work environment and to be part of our unique team.
Join us and you'll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
We pride ourselves on investing in the ongoing career development within the IHG brand and Odyssey Hotel Group.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.Click apply and start your internship journey with us!