Food sets the stage, drinks create the mood. The only thing we need is a friendly member of the TSH community! We are The Commons!
The Commons is the space within The Student Hotel that connects people from all walks of life, bringing students, travelers, freelancers, entrepreneurs and neighborhood locals together over the joy of food, drinks and discovering the other passions we have in common.
It is the every-bar/restaurant/café for everyone: laptop and coffee workspace for students, cocktail-bar for friends, lunch spot for business meetings, date night for lovers, and a casual group dining space for families of all kinds. It’s a place for drinks that lead to dinner that leads to who knows what…
How do we achieve this familiar and welcoming anything-can-happen social environment? With awesomely fun, smart and motivated team members who embrace the spirit and bring it to life. We’re looking for people who love sharing and discovering new experiences, who easily connect with others, and who believe that laughter, just as much as fresh juices and salads, is an essential part of well-being and that variety, just as much as Sriracha and saffron, is the spice of life. Biggest challenge and WHY do we need you?
You are the one who sets the standard for our restaurant – and you aim high. As Restaurant Manager, you have a helicopter view of what goes on in the restaurant, even if you aren’t physically on location. Your first and foremost responsibility is to the manage the Assistant Manager by providing the necessary support (emotional and operational) to ensure a memorable and enjoyable overall guest experience for everyone who walks through our doors. You’re dedicated to maintaining high quality service and products, you have a keen eye for monitoring labour costs and seeking out efficiency improvement and, above all, you are a people person, a natural leader who takes enormous pride in recruiting, training and developing a top-tier staff. What will you be doing to make that happen?
- Ensuring all resources are available to staff to enable them to perform their tasks in a proper and timely manner;
- Taking part in the service - informing guests of the menu, assisting with drink- and dinner choices, taking orders, communicating with kitchen, preparing drinks & simple snacks and serving of dishes;
- Monitoring accurate execution of HACCP guidelines, fire safety policy and working conditions;
- Setting up yearly restaurant plan and corresponding budget;
- Monitoring costs suppliers – identifying opportunities to reduce costs;
- Responsible for recruitment of talent;
- Responsible for proper onboarding of temporary and permanent staff;
- Arranging for training and development opportunities for staff;
- Scheduling of staff according to business and staff needs – including review and approval/denial of leave requests;
- Responsible for proper Performance Management or all restaurant staff - including goal setting, mid-year & year-end review conversations.