Do you love delivering inspirational service? As a Senior Financial Controller for two hotel locations (approx 400 rooms), you will support in determining the right (financial) direction by providing strategic & financial analyses on business related challenges.
You will work in a fast growing, dynamic organization, where you can contribute to the growth of the company. We would like to bring finance to the next level in delivering excellent services to the business through pro active support and advice on strategic and operational decision making.
Finance is committed to provide valuable insights that drive better business performance. An efficient organization and fact based decision making will lead to continuous improvement. Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and a personalised touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
PPHE Hotel Group Ltd is a hospitality company with yearly revenue of € 360 million.
The high quality hotels and resorts are spread through Central and Western Europe.
The main activities of PPHE are owning, leasing, developing, leading and franchising full service luxury and lifestyle hotels. Main role and objectives:
As Senior Financial Controller you will be part of the local hotel management team and are the financial business partner to two local General Managers.
You will support in determining the right (financial) direction by providing strategic & financial analyses on business related challenges.
The business controller is able to clearly articulate the performance management standards and advice the General Managers on the financial implications of the decisions he or she is taking.
The business controller timely identifies risks and is able to mitigate these risks to ensure that the (financial) processes within the hotel are executed to a high standard. You have a dotted line to the Regional Financial Controller of the Netherlands. Job role responsibilities below:
- Problem solving: Solve interrelated financial challenges within the various financial processes of PPHE Hotel Group which have a global impact on process, policy and performance metrics.
- Management Information and Business Decision Support: Consult local hotel management and Regional Financial Controlling on the development of strategic plans and measures progress on the budget and possible improvement opportunities that will help to achieve hotel objectives.
- Business Strategy: Contribute to corporate strategy development and translates this into a local strategic plan and budget. Follow relevant trends and developments in the hospitality industry and in the hotel and contribute to the development of the PPHE strategic plan on a hotel level. Track performance on budget and implements policies accordingly.
- Leadership: Lead in a complex (multiple stakeholders) environment and set up controls and boundaries to manage the performance of multiple processes effectively. Able to lead shared finance administrative team members based in the hotel. Helps team members in their development of skills.
- Performance Management: Analyse the entire performance of a hotel based on financial metrics that have been aligned with the local hotel management team. Measure the effectiveness of end to end processes and identify new business information needs based on financial, operational and external data sources. This data is translated into useful forecasts and scenarios that help in improving the performance in hotels.
- Influencing: Identify relevant business developments (financial, operational, and external) and act as a business partner to the General Manager and Regional Financial Controlling in achieving business objectives.
- Process improvements: Contribute to the management control of business processes by ensuring that the processes are performed to a high standard and contribute to the hotel’s objectives. Proactively suggest ideas that make processes more effective and efficient. Act as a project manager in multidisciplinary projects for the implementation of improvements of a process. Such as: Time and Attendance, Procurement, Costcontrol F&B, Merging of financial systems
- Risk management: Signal and acknowledge risks in P&L and facilitate the design of control measures to monitor risks. Actively monitor the risk and in case of exceedance escalate to the responsible person accordingly.
- Stakeholder management: Carefully build a network within the local hotel and the rest of PPHE Hotel Group in order to be up to date with the latest developments on the work floor and within the group. You are able to understand the impact of these developments on the objectives and operating model.
- Knowledge development: Proactively develop own skills and knowledge in the area of business control. Able to transfer knowledge to less experienced professionals and other relevant stakeholders.