Your Day to Day
In voco® The Hague everything is new, but this might come with some fine tuning. And… we want to keep everything is the best possible state, and that’s where you are responsible for. As Shift Engineer you get to know the hotel extremely well, you might even get to know every little corner of the hotel. In this role you perform routine maintenance tasks like legionella control and preventive maintenance in rooms, but you also act upon interferences and defects. You know how to prioritize your tasks, and together with the Cluster Maintenance Lead and Assistant Lead you make sure everything is done. And, don’t forget, there are guests everywhere, so make sure to present yourself as a host. You are responsible for
- Understanding and responding to guests’ needs to ensure high level of guest satisfaction.
- Performing of returning maintenance tasks according to checklists and procedures such as legionella control and pest control.
- Responding to maintenance requests from all the departments and assisting departments with any issues related to engineering and maintenance.
- Following the preventive maintenance program to ensure facilities are maintained and in service.
- Maintaining safe and secure environment for guests and team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards. Hotel fire safety.
- Requesting the order of parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining sustainable initiatives.
- Maintaining the files and records that are necessary to manage the department efficiently.
- Building and maintaining relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, contractors, suppliers and others as needed.
- Living the voco™ brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring others to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through daily communication and coordination with other teams.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team to get a task done.