We at Cycas Hospitality have a team of dedicated associates that get to be their true selves so that they can deliver positively outstanding service! We put people at the heart of everything we do and are always looking to recruit a friendly, spirited, outgoing new Radisson associates for our hotel.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South will feature studio, one-bed and two-bedroom apartments each with their own fully equipped kitchen. Located in Amstelveen, to the south of the city, the 10-storey hotel is within walking distance of the international companies who have their headquarters in Amsterdam’s booming district. We have convenient transport links to the Zuidas, central business district (3km), city centre (6km) and Schiphol Airport (8km), making it well placed to cater for the growing demand for extended-stay accommodation options in this part of the city.
Are you looking for a challenging job in the kitchen? We are looking for a Sous chef with ambition for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South.
You are a creative mind within the kitchen, and you have a broad knowledge of products and the associated cooking techniques that you are happy to share with your team. You are assertive and lead the team by showing initiative. You are a leader, eager to develop yourself and enjoy strengthening every individual in the team and raise the team to a higher level.
You are quality-oriented, and this is not only reflected in your work but also in your working methods and communication skills. Giving and receiving feedback is the best way to develop yourselves and others.You contribute ideas on how to improve quality, service and processes.
Your eye for detail is reflected in your orderly and clear working attitude. You work according to fixed procedures and transfer these to your team. Among other things, performing checks and implementing tasks into your daily work.
What we give in return?
- Salary range according to Horeca CAO
- 25 holiday days
- Travel allowance
- Meals available
- Free parking
- Complementary stay after probation period
- Cycas smiles Reward & Celebration program
- Refer a Friend program
- Free use of on property gym
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our team get to be their true self!
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts
What we ask of you?
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking: Dutch is not mandatory
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays.
- Provides Yes, I Can! Genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behaviour and genuine hospitality
What competencies do you need?
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Good communicative skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Preferred SVH training Zelfstandig werkend Kok niveau 3 or relevant work experience
- Minimum three years of supervisory work
- Knowledge of the Social Hygiene and HACCP standards
- Demonstrates proper and safe use of all materials and goods
- Knowledge of hotel procedures related to hygiene, health, fire and safety
- Experience in 4* Hotel or Luxury segment Restaurant
We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!