Food sets the stage, drinks create the mood. The only thing we need is a friendly member of the TSH community!Why do we need you?
You are the secret behind-the-scenes mastermind of the kitchen. Without you, the Chef probably wouldn’t be able to find his butcher knife.
As Sous Chef, you are a natural motivator, capable of managing and inspiring the kitchen staff in your partie – and for the kitchen at large in the absence of the Chef. Your focus is to create an effective cooking process. You provide input to the Chef for recipes and menus which are developed based on market trends and budget boundaries – all while maintaining a healthy profit margin while using the best possible ingredients.
The Sous Chef is co-responsible for the overall guest food experience and is committed to making the dishes that are delicious and memorable.Our new baby in Delft is built with sustainable design principles as top priority and circularity in mind – we need our team to vouch for this circular environment! So, what makes TSH & The Commons Delft unique?
Our architects have made sure our furniture and lightning is circular, whether that be with second-hand furniture or recycled materials! Our chefs cook the best comfort food with waste-reduction in mind!
We're also very mindful when using water and electricity (check for polar bear monitors in the showers!) and last but not least, we have a goal to reduce our company footprint by making sure we maximise the amount of renewable energy on-site!
Do you see yourself working here? We're looking for the conscious, the caring and a tiny little bit daring to complete the TSH experience in our new sustainable hotel in Delft.How do you contribute to this? How does a day at The Commons kitchen looks like?
- Ensure all resources are available to staff to enable them to perform their tasks in a proper and timely manner
- Act as a role model while taking part in service - support with preparing and cooking of dishes, tidying and cleaning the kitchen area
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Arrange for training and development opportunities for staff
- Schedule staff according to business – and staff needs – including review and approval/denial of leave requests
- Responsible for the performance management of all kitchen staff – including goal setting, mid-year and year-end review conversations
- Translate menu changes into accurate recipes – test-cooking dishes to monitor level of quality
- Purchase supplies, ingredients and pre-fabricated foods for own partie or, in absence of chef, for the entire kitchen
- Monitor accurate execution of HACCP guidelines, fire safety policy and working conditions