Join our enthusiastic team as our Sous Chef
and bring your passion for hospitality to Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace.
Are you that talented creative food artist with ambitions and ready to be part of something super exciting? Are you the one who understands quality and taste are essential? Are you following food and beverage trends and share them via social media with your friends & colleagues? Is cooking your way of life and your passion? Watch out because we could become a great match!
Here at Hotel Indigo, we are looking for people just like you. How do we know this? Curiosity is what lead you to this advert and curiosity is at the heart of our brand.
Borealis Hotel Group is the management company and operator of this hotel. Our group is a well-known hotel developer based in the Netherlands and is operating & opening several hotels within the brands IHG, Hilton, Accor and Marriott.
At the heart of the Parliament Centre of The Hague, located at a prestigious spot opposite the Royal Palace Noordeinde, Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace will open its doors in Q4 this year.
Once occupied by “De Nederlandsche Bank”, our boutique hotel with 63 rooms, restaurant, speakeasy bar and 2 meeting rooms/private dining borrows some of these unique elements in its décor.
Your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are. And that’s what we want at Hotel Indigo. People who dream big – and make those dreams come to life. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their job as they do to their hobbies, people who help us create great hotels guests love and who are enthusiastic and motivated to consistently deliver a great guest experience.
Each Hotel Indigo is unique, and delivers a vibrant, engaging and genuine boutique experience that gives guests a real flavour of the neighbourhood – delivering an experience that is truly reflective of the local culture, character and geography.
At Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace our team members are full of neighbourhood knowledge; they know where to find the hidden gems worth exploring. That’s the Hotel Indigo way. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Hotel Indigo brand you’re more than just a job title.
Do you want to work as a Sous Chef
for a brand new boutique hotel, with the peace of mind that comes in working for one of the world’s largest hotel companies? Feel like you should be part of something super exciting... At Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace we look for people who are energetic, approachable and cultured with a sense of fun; always curious to discover more and share thoughtful suggestions with our guests. Above all, we look for people who are warm, courteous and friendly so guests feel inspired to engage with you, ask questions and share their requirements and preferences so they get a truly personalised experience. Key activities are:
As a Sous Chef
you will contribute to the smooth running of the hotel kitchen by assisting the Executive Chef in areas of profit management, stock and waste control, food standards and training and development of the kitchen brigade.
As a leader you will be responsible in staff training and working collaboratively with other teams outside of the kitchen. You will know how to inspire others to perform at their best, and also ensure that health and safety regulations are upheld and food quality brand standards including level of service delivery are maintained in the kitchen.
Stay connected and creating the Hotel Indigo story includes key responsibilities such as:
- Being a Hotel Indigo ambassador and ready to create ‘neighbourhood stories’.
- Ensure all meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines.
- Ensure all working areas are clean and tidy and prevent cross contamination.
- Assist Executive Chef to manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Responsible for mise en place for all service outlets and meal periods.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing and inventory control.
- Maintain a control system which will assure quality and portions consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications and train staff on the importance of food preparation and controls.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and food safety legislation.
- Be environmentally aware.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.