Trainee Food & Beverage Management (per Sep)
Carstens Amsterdam, a brand new concept, a Dutch brasserie created by Maik Kuijpers has opened its doors in the Hasselaerssteeg, just a stone’s throw from Central Station.
Maik Kuijpers, the former chef at restaurant De Librije*** has created a brasserie that is approachable and relaxed, focusing on honest food and local produce without any frills available for everyone to enjoy, day in day out. Ingredients from Dutch soil served with a creative twist. For this creative, no-nonsense concept we are looking for new talent! Are you the - down to earth - and – passionate – team member we are looking for? Become a part of our awesome team!
Main role and objectives:
As a Trainee Food & Beverage Management (F&B), you will ensure that the daily tasks and responsibilities, in terms of coordinating the team members by leading the operation shifts, are carried out appropriately. You will support the F&B Manager, Restaurant Manager, Bar Manager and Banqueting Manager
What creative twist do we need from you? Someone who;
- Leading the operation shifts, coordinating the team members
- Guests feedback handling
- Strive for the highest service level and liaise closely with your team and other departments
- Maintain and develop the service standard together with department managers
- Make the employee training plan and prepare documents together with department managers
- HACCP standard controlling, cleaning list, temperature list and etc.
- Stock control and ordering
- Revenue management, making promotion plan together with department managers
- Monitor budget, payroll, beverage cost
- Reservation handling, guests ‘special request handling
- Administration tasks to support department managers, such as menu creating, incentive calculation, team meeting minutes taking and etc.
- Develop a solid knowledge of the hotel and local day/nightlife by being aware of local events, the competition and market trends.
- Ensure a high level of general knowledge of restaurant & bar service techniques, all menu items, drinks and specialty items offered in the restaurant & bar department
The main ingredients required to produce the best service;
- Someone who is enthusiastic and has a passion for serving
- Team player with a ‘hands on’- mentality
- Good command of both Dutch and English language
- HBO student with a hospitality education
- Loves to work in a dynamic and international environment
Will you be our trainee food & beverage management that contributes to the ultimate guest experience?
Discover Carstens and more by sending us your CV. We’re looking forward meeting you.