W Lounge/Bar Manager
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a W Lounge Manager. W Lounge is W’s reinterpretation of the traditional lobby. W Lounge is the perfect Amsterdam cocktail bar for everyone who is curious about everything that is 'new and next' in the world of mixology. Guests will sip the night away while they listen to the sound of the moment, with views over the Royal Palace. The candidate we’re looking for has extensive experience in a similar high-end venue, and is used to leading big teams in the nightlife scene.Main responsibilities:
The W Lounge Manager is the one that that gets the party started, and makes sure our guests have the most amazing, on-brand, experience. He/She is responsible for everything going on in the lounge, operationally and strategically. He/She makes sure that the W Lounge remains the iconic hot spot in Amsterdam for locals to enjoy their cocktails, as well as the place hotel guests go to to unwind.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the W Lounge and bar to ensure all guests receive luxury service and an on-brand W experience. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards.
- As part of the Management Team of the hotel, you are responsible for smooth communication and cooperation with other departments. This is an ALL IN experience, we’re all responsible for making sure we give the guests whatever they want, whenever they want it.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to running the scene. You know your cocktails, and you know all the ins and outs on running a nightlife venue.
- Coordinate and supervise special events organized in the lounge by creating action plans, planning and implementation efficient man power, equipment, set up etc.
- Run a set of administrative duties next to the operational duties: You are comfortable making schedules, making and sticking to a budget for a venue, organizing stock counts, making cost calculations, etc.
- Taking care of the HR related part of the job (appraisals, performance reviews, coaching etc). Couldn’t do this without your team, so you got to make sure you treat them well.
- Assist in the identification of training needs and the development of a training plan. Provide coaching and conduct training for all reporting Talent to ensure that service standards are followed.
- Motivate the team to bring about excellent performance, making sure you get the best out of everyone. Enforce discipline when required and participate in the evaluation of their performance.
- Ensure the teams are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each order and interaction.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- Making sure everything sparkles, we all enjoy a clean environment
- Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on the floor then.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.