Sommelier (FT) - Maastricht
- 0 - 1 Years of experience
- Language: EN
Start date: mid April 2024
Contract: fulltime 40 hours (based on 4 days per week)
You have an operational role and, along with the other Sommelier and the Restaurant Manager, you are one of the faces of the restaurant. On the floor, you ensure consistent implementation of service and quality standards with the team and assist guests in making their wine selections and provide professional advice. You are responsible for managing and developing our wine list with over 400 different labels. Your profound passion and extensive knowledge of wine and beverages form the foundation of your role. In addition to your expertise in wines and beverages, you are also a skilled leader capable of guiding and inspiring the (wine) team. As a leader, you work closely with and provide direction to the service team. Your main goal is to ensure smooth operations and consistently exceed guest expectations. To achieve this, you create the right framework so that employees can perform optimally. With your creative mindset, you are always focused on finding solutions and actively contribute to the continuous quality development of Harry's. Your aim is to position Harry's as the ultimate destination for wine enthusiasts.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of both classic and emerging wine regions and houses to curate a diverse and engaging wine list.
- Active participation in tastings and market research to identify trends and make unique wine selections.
- Regular adjustment of the wine list based on seasonal availability and guest preferences.
Wine Cellar Management:
- Careful management of the wine inventory, including ensuring optimal storage conditions and traceability.
- Negotiating with suppliers and identifying new sources for special and rare wines.
- Implementation of effective rotation strategies to ensure the freshness of the wine stock.
- Leading the (wine) team, including onboarding new team members and facilitating ongoing training and development.
- Inspiring a culture of excellence, customer focus, and teamwork within the (wine) team.
- Task delegation, and ensuring a smooth operational workflow.
- Actively engaging with guests to understand their taste preferences and providing personalized wine recommendations.
- Supporting the service staff in understanding wine choices and suggestions.
- Developing personalized wine experiences for special occasions and regular patrons.
- Regularly liaising with the kitchen brigade to optimize synergy between wine and dishes.
- Proactively engaging in menu development and proposing wine pairings to enhance the overall guest experience.
- Gathering feedback from guests and team members to implement continuous improvements.
Harry’s is an international brasserie in Wyck, Maastricht that is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We offer fresh, seasonal and straightforward food prepared with ingredients from our own garden. Harry’s stands for unpretentious food and beverages served in a relaxed and dynamic setting. www.harrysmaastricht.com
- Bib Gourmand in the Guide Michelin
- 14/20 points in the Gault Millau
- Lekker, Best 500 restaurants of the Netherlands
TWIN PEAKS HOSPITALITY
Harry's is part of Twin Peaks Hospitality, go to www.tphcompany.com for more info on who we are.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary
- An indefinite/ permanent contract after 8 months
- Annual 6 weeks of paid leave (instead of 5 weeks)
- Annual vacation money
- Access to Fiscfree webshop (up to 40% discount)
- Lease bike program
- A nutritious and healthy staff meal
- Internal and external training and education opportunities
- 50% discount on food for two in our restaurants
- Friends and family discounts in our hotels
- Discount on health insurance for you and your relatives
- Disability insurance
- Pension plan
- 2 weeks of paid birth leave for daddies-to-be
- Travel Allowance from 10km
WHO ARE YOU?
- Creates an environment of trust in which people can be at their natural best
- Delivers results and consistently applies, maintains and improves the system
- Consistently sets high standards and holds oneself and others accountable
- Builds strong relationships and creates memorable experiences
- Develops self and others.
- Makes people a priority. Is emphatic, listens well and is a great communicator.
- Is positive and optimistic. Sees stress as a challenge instead of a thread.
- Knows how to have difficult conversations and effective confrontations.
- Is a master of their own time and their priorities.
- Has excellent English language skills
- Has 1 year work experience in a similar position
- Is available during holidays and weekends
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Great! We are very interested in meeting you, please apply for this position.
*A reference check and/ or an assessment can be part of our recruitment & selection procedure. You will be informed when these are required.
**Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.