In Room Dining Attendant
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175, is casting an In Room Dining attendant. You will be joining the B&F (That’s what we call F&B at W) Team and will be responsible for Room Service. With our In Room Dining Service guests can experience a lavish B&F experience in their room. Not your ordinary room service. It is the teams responsibility to ensure our guests are wowed throughout their stay, wherever they set foot in the hotel. Your main responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):Main responsibilities
- Report directly to the Banqueting & In Room Dining Manager.
- Responsible for the daily operations in In Room Dining; Taking orders over the phone and delivering the correct orders to the guest rooms. Additionally, you will make sure that all Mix Bars (aka mini bars) are filled with the correct items.
- Making sure you you collect the In Room Dining trolleys in a timely manner.
- You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dreams come true.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to B&F, and you know all the ins and outs on our menus, hotel facilities and possibilities. Amplify the guests stay by blowing them away with our IRD offering which you know everything about.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- Making sure everything sparkles, we all enjoy a clean environment
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on shift then.
- Ensuring you are well prepared for the shift ahead of you, as well as your colleagues after you. Mise en Place will be your life saver.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.