Sous Chef Meeting & Events:
Sous Chef – Meeting & Events
Are you a leader, with great passion for cooking and enthusiasm for the events part of the hotel industry? Do you want to work in a small team and do you have the ambition to learn? Then this is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
As our Sous Chef in the Meeting & Events kitchen you will be responsible for the internal organisation of the Meeting & Events kitchens, including planning of menus, overseeing all aspects of food preparation, hygiene and cost control. You will be in direct contact with the Meeting & Events sales and operational departments and responsible to uphold the highest level of standards and service to our guests. You will supervise the Meeting & Events kitchen team of 2-3, show great leadership, cooperation and flexibility in this very dynamic department.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Kitchen of M&E is located in between stewarding and pastry. This large operations kitchen is used for all events and meetings, and by the chefs for the staff canteen. All equipment is made available, so whatever you need you can find it there. The secondary kitchen is located in the glass building, used for plating and garnishing.
Events are from 6 up to 150 covers per meeting room, so not a day is the same. With no set menu, the variety of cuisines is broad and in order to please each and every guest, you can make everything from a croque monsieur up to Lobster Termindor.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Sous Chef Meeting & Events:
Who are you?
Our new colleague has a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking, has the ability to motivate junior members in the team in order to create a cohesive work environment.
Furthermore he or she has:
What can you expect?
- Experience in the same or similar position;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English language (written and spoken);
- Familiar with hygiene code and HACCP regulations;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
Do we have your interest?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com