Your Day to Day
During the night all processes come together, and the Night Manager is the one managing the smooth running of this process following the right procedures. In this role you guard the voco™ hotel during the hours no one else is there, you take care of the guests and their requests, you might check a guest in or out, and you make sure safety is guaranteed for yourself, colleagues and guests at all times. Of course, you are not all alone, there will always be someone joining you in this shift.
Obviously you have to be a true “night owl” to make this work, you should be able to stay up all night generating reports that are needed for the finance department, but also to make sure all is in place when the morning shift arrives in the restaurant, they should know how many guests to expect right?You are responsible for
- Maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction through actively communicating with the guests before, during and after the stay.
- Ensuring the quality of the hotel product is always at the highest possible level.
- Performing tasks related to the night audit, running the closing of the day in our systems and creating the reports that are needed for multiple departments.
- Following-up on administrative discrepancies and other irregularities resulting from the night audit and ensuring correct communication on this to the right departments.
- Ensuring guest and colleague safety and security following the existing procedures.
- Setting up new procedures for the smooth running of the shift.
- Walking safety rounds through the hotel multiple times per shift.
- Checking guests in and out and handling guest requests.
- Preparing and delivering food and drinks from a limited night room service menu.
- Posting expenses on guest accounts, and processing payments for the guests.
- Monitoring the safe closing of the F&B outlets.
- Training the team on brand standards and making sure all standard operating procedures are followed.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through clear communication and coordination with other teams.
- Driving a great working environment for teams to thrive by connecting departments and creating the sense of one team.
- Living the voco™ brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring others to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through daily communication and coordination with other teams.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team to get a task done.